Lots of choices again this week in the challenge.
1. Create an avatar for your blog and for you to use when leaving comments.
Avatars are a representation of yourself. Check out this post about avatars. Create your avatar using one of the websites below. Sue Waters from ‘The Edublogger‘ has written a great post about avatars, including giving instructions on how to save them and then upload to an ‘Edublogs’ blog. Many of the sites mentioned below are included in her post. If using
Most important is remember to save as a jpeg file.
Any age can use these avatar sites:
- Build your wild self – middle left
- Mini-mizer – middle right
- The Hero Factory – far left
- Adventurer Maker – girls only
- Wimp yourself – relates to ‘Diary of a Wimpy Kid’
- Mess Dudes
- Hogwarts student – girls only
- Mii character
- Harry Potter and others saves as GIF
- Block head – like Lego
2. Create a quick brief tour of your classroom or school (walking around showing the grounds/playgrounds/classroom) and then embed it or upload it to the classroom blog. You might use vimeo , a slideshow, photopeach, YouTube, Smile Box etc. Next week visit other classes who did the same activity and compare your schools or classrooms. Thanks Mr Webb for this suggestion. WE WILL DO THIS TOGETHER IN CLASS – I JUST WANTED YOU TO SEE WHAT WE WERE GOING TO DO!!!!!🙂
3. In a post, please answer this question: When do you think it is appropriate for students to use real photos of themselves on their blogs and why? See if you can research this on the net and find responses from other educators. Remember to link to their post if you use information they mentioned. Hyperlink as well to this challenge post, so I can read your answers.